Brazos Valley Chapter News
The International Maintenance Institute (IMI) was chartered in 1960 by a group of maintenance professionals who wanted to provide educational and developmental opportunities for all persons involved in, plant, equipment and/or property maintenance. The stated purpose of this professional organization is to organize assemble and disseminate general and technical maintenance information through chapter meetings, seminars, networking and a bimonthly maintenance publication. Professional development with maintenance certification, technology updates, and compliance issues i.e. (ADA and EPA Regulations) are just some of the topics to be developed through formation of this local chapter. The chapter membership is open to all persons involved in Plant and Equipment Maintenance of Facility Management and currently there are no Chapter dues in the Brazos Valley Chapter.
Monthly meetings are normally scheduled on the 4th Thursday of each month at the College Station Conference Center at 6:30 p.m., although under some circumstances, the time or place may have to be changed. Monthly meetings allow us to achieve a balance between social events and technical presentations and programs so members can have access to the latest information, both formal and informal.
Reasons to join IMI:
- Meet with friends, maintenance managers, supervisors, superintendents and other industry leaders like yourself over a good meal each month.
- Share maintenance experience and knowledge with other professionals.
- Find solutions to common maintenance problems.
- Meet key managers from new industries.
- Expand your knowledge through presentations and seminars tailored to your needs.
- Enhance your career through the IMI Professional Development Program.
- Receive national rental car discounts.
- No cost, Low interest MasterCard.
- Low cost group insurance.
- Up to 50% discount on travel, hotels and restaurants.
- Become eligible for IMI Group Benefits.
- Receive The Maintenance Journal magazine. It comes with your membership and provides valuable maintenance articles as well as chapter and membership news from around the nation.
- Become eligible for IMI awards and professional recognition.
- Increase your effectiveness as a maintenance professional.
- Increase your value to your company.
Contact us and see a list of businesses represented by our membership.
Please check our Calendar of Events.
If you are interested in the Brazos Valley Chapter or instituting an IMI Chapter in your area please contact Mark Hollas, Division Manager, Facility Services, City of Bryan, 201 E. 29th St., Bryan, Texas, 77803 or Phone (409) 361-3661 / Fax (409) 821-3489. You may also visit the National IMI’s Home Page at http://www.imionline.org/
We’d love to hear your comments and ideas about these pages or the Chapter!
P.O. Box 6851
Bryan, Texas, USA
Carol Christensen – The Filter Man, Inc.
Vice President of Education
Lee Wills – Infrared Technology
Shirley Wineman – TAMU Physical Plant
Vice President of Membership
Jerome Gonzales II – College Station ISD
Vice President of Programs
Steve Samford – George Bush Library
(979) 260-9552 x223
Denise Gantt – City of Bryan
Gene Stewart – Texas A & M University Physical Plant
Gary Brown – Brazos Valley Physician’s Organization
Companies Represented By Our Membership
Brazos Valley Physician’s Organization
College Station ISD
City of Bryan
George Bush Library
P.I. Components, Corp.
TAMU Physical Plant
TAMU Turbomachinery Lab